a blog of poetic proportions

Thursday, May 21, 2015

JOY

Empty
A man with nothing to clench

Sadness
Something tightened with a wrench

Doubt
A ship I built myself

Fear
A beast that feeds upon itself

Anger
With winds that tear an open sail

Bitterness
Something that taints the fairy tale

Lust
What makes little heads think giant thoughts

Hope
Something that turns weaker links into astronauts

Faith
What I needed when I did not believe in you

Courage
The strength to stand naked in front of you

Happiness
Something that lingers long ever after

Promise
The only thing meant for forever

Tenderness
Something that puts me to bed

Comfort
A warm chest to lay my head

Love
So famous it needs no introductions

And last but not least

Joy
With no further interruptions



No comments:

Post a Comment